The Women’s Texas Open was played from 1935 – 1955. Over the span of two decades, the event was held seventeen times - thirteen years at River Crest Country Club and four years at Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth. The event was conducted by the Fort Worth Women's Golf Association, supervised by River Crest's longtime professional A.G. Mitchell, and was last played in 1955. Some of the game’s greatest names captured the event including Babe Zaharias who won the title five times, Aniela Goldthwaite, a three-time winner, and Betsy Rawls, Beverly Hanson, Polly Riley, and Betty Jameson who each captured the title twice. The event was revived in 2001 by the Northern Texas PGA to promote the game to female golfers throughout the region. The name was changed to the Texas Women's Open.